Cat: Ready Meals
Packaging Systems for the Ready Meals Industry
- The global ready meals market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 8.8% during the forecasted period (2019-2024). (Mordor Intelligence);
- Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing region in the market. (Mordor Intelligence);
- Emerging markets are increasing demand;
- Demographic shift releasing new revenue streams for higher quality products.
Protect, Preserve and Promote your Products
The market is moving more towards healthier ingredients (‘light’, nutrition, organic, gluten/lactose free, etc.) in convenient, single serve, shelf ready packaging. Resealable packaging and pouches are gaining wider acceptance.
The sector is heavily dependent on the perception of quality, coupled to taste and flavour and complete trust in a brand and its persona. As a result, product and brand differentiation are coupled to price points.
Many factories handle a mixture of high speed/mass production and small volume/artisanal and face pressures from continual innovation in product and packaging formats.
- Massive array of packaging formats, materials and arrays to cater for heating types, meal formats/sizes and local tastes;
- Packaging often has to be oven/microwave ready;
- Fragile/spoilable products – packaging must protect/seal/separate contents, but use less materials;
- Intense global and local competition demands regular recipe and packaging innovation;
- Continual innovation and brand differentiation;
- Sustainable materials.
Cama’s solutions are capable of satisfying the needs of both high speed/mass production and small volume/artisanal, delivering highly flexible batch capabilities to cater for multiple customers (many supermarkets/same machine). They offer high speeds and flexibility, with the agility to easily adapt to new products and packaging formats/arrays/contents.
For major global players it has developed flexible platforms with local support, that offer common operating principles across countries.
In addition to addressing regulatory compliance, including washdown, contamination, voids & trap points, Cama’s advanced technology also delivers connectivity to enterprise systems for batch data capture, ERP and remote maintenance.