Cat: Personal Care
Personal & Home Care
Packaging System for the Personal & Home Care Industry
- Due to emerging economies, urbanisation, changing lifestyles and shifts in global demographics, the personal & home care market is expanding across new territories and markets;
- Global home care market specifically is projected to register a CAGR of 3.98%, during the forecast period of 2019-2024 (Mordor Intelligence).
Only the best to take care of yourself and your house
The emphasis in this type of market is on “clean”, so packaging and branding must reflect this.
For the Personal care market in particular, new travel regulations have driven a rise in 0-100 ml packaging, which is the fastest growing size globally. Along with this portability, price has resulted in a demand for varying pack sizes, which still deliver quality and hard-fought brand value.
Sustainability and recyclability are major criterion, which have been complicated by the need to deliver new and innovative delivery and application solutions in what is a highly competitive market with leading national and international brands.
It is a highly competitive market looking to expand both product range and global reach. Heavily dependent on brand and packaging appeal, brand differentiation and perception are coupled to price points. There is also continual innovation in both product and packaging formats.
- As fast-moving goods, personal and homecare products are often supplied shelf-ready, so secondary packaging technology cannot impinge on any brand identity or spoil the external appearance of containers.
- Massive array of packaging formats, materials and arrays to cater for product types and applications
- Large format variance (small/consumer vs. large/commercial) requires flexible and scalable packaging designs
- Sector is heavily dependent on the perception of quality, coupled to cleanliness and complete trust in a brand and its persona
- Shelf appeal and shelf-ready packaging is essential, with high-end designs and materials being developed and deployed that are commensurate with brand perception and product pricing strategies
With greater product variation, packaging styles and packaging arrays, personal & home care brand owners must have the confidence that their packaging machinery suppliers can help them to keep pace with market trends.
Cama delivers the capability to handle a mixture of high speed/mass production and small volume/artisanal, often within same plant on flexible platforms with local support. Its solutions address the needs of highly flexible batch operations that are in place to cater for multiple customers (many supermarkets/same machine).
In addition to addressing regulatory compliance, including washdown, contamination, voids & trap points, Cama’s advanced technology also delivers connectivity to enterprise systems for batch data capture, ERP and remote maintenance.