Cat: Ice Cream
Packaging Systems for the Ice Cream Industry
- Still a highly volatile market considering its age;
- Global market worth $70.8 billion in 2017, and is estimated to reach $97.3 billion by 2023, growing at a CAGR of 5.4% from 2017 to 2023 (Allied Market Research).
The right Packaging for every Flavour
This is a highly cyclical market, with both seasonal and geographic demands changing in both volume and packaging styles. In addition to this, there is continual innovation in product and packaging formats
There is now a high demand for artisanal and premium products, alongside new ingredients and formulations, such as flavours, healthy, lactose-free, etc.
The Market heavily dependent on brand and packaging appeal and this product/brand differentiation and perception is closely coupled to price points.
- Massive array of packaging formats, materials and arrays to cater for promotional, seasonal and geographical demands;
- Fragile/spoilable products – packaging must protect/seal contents, but use less materials;
- Temperature defines packaging styles;
- Intense global and local competition demands regular packaging innovation;
- Continual innovation and brand differentiation;
- Sustainable materials.
Cama offers in-depth global experience in supplying machines cross different plants worldwide, addressing applications where there is a mixture of high speed/mass production and small volume/artisanal, often within same plant.
In addition to addressing regulatory compliance, including washdown, contamination, voids & trap points, Cama’s advanced technology also delivers connectivity to enterprise systems for batch data capture, ERP and remote maintenance.
It’s machine’s high speed and flexibility deliver the agility required to easily adapt to new products and packaging formats/arrays/content.